In the video above I provide you with a few cologne tips, including:
-Try spraying your cologne on your socks (one spray per sock) and throughout the day your cologne will be enjoyed without overpowering the noses of others. I also like the idea of not applying cologne directly to the skin.
-Keeping your cologne out of the bathroom—it lasts longer when stored in a cool, dry place such as inside a bedroom drawer.
But I wanted to go further and learn which colognes specifically attract women.
So I bring to you Cologne 101: The Fragrances that Turn Women On.
Using Tinder (download my free Tinder attraction guide by clicking this link) I received over 250 responses to the following question from some of my beautiful Tinder matches:
“What’s the best-smelling men’s cologne and why?”
I was surprised to learn the cologne I usually wear didn’t even rank in the top 7 (it finished a distant 22nd)! I often wear Lacoste Essential Cologne and have received a great deal of compliments over the years from women who tell me I smell good. But at any rate…
I bring to you the 7 most enjoyed colognes…
(Click each cologne name to learn more about the scent)
7. L’ Homme Yves Saint Laurent Cologne – I’ve never tried this cologne but it’s described as having a fresh, woody fragrance playing on contrasts. as well as “…a bright and sparkling freshness with a magnetic and sensual trail. Notes of Bergamot, Ginger and Vetiver.” Seems legit.
6. Bond No 9 Wall Street Cologne – My Tinder matches who recommend this fragrance are some of the hottest women around. I’ve smelled this cologne and it has a good scent but I believe the ladies also take notice to any man wearing this cologne because it is expensive—so its scent conveys both power and money. “The fragrance is classified as a fruity scent with top notes of veviter, ambergris, marine notes, and ozone providing a fresh scent. The aroma is further intensified by base notes of musks and sea kale, creating a nice long-lasting complex fragrance.”
5. Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy for Him Cologne – There’s a reason why women buy this cologne for their boyfriends… and it’s not merely because the scent is sold at Victoria’s Secret. “With notes of sensual warm spices combined with refreshing citrus, Very Sexy lives up to its name.”
And think of it this way—buying it gives you an excuse to enter a Victoria’s Secret!
4. Bvlgari Black Cologne – I had a buddy in college who swore by this cologne and he did just fine with the ladies. “Warm, rich notes of leather and musk blend beautifully with sweet vanilla and black tea.”
After receiving my Tinder survey results I bought this cologne and have the following to say concerning Bvlgari Black: “This is the kind of cologne a quiet, educated man should wear. It possesses interesting, contrasting scents and it gives women the feeling of mystery by the man wearing it.”
3. Gucci Guilty Cologne – There’s nothing to feel guilty about when you’re attracting women with this cologne.
I admit—I have not yet tried Gucci Guilty but by the volume of women who recommend it I definitely should—and so should you!
“A casual scent that combines the aromas of lavender and lemon with the rich scents of orange blossom and neroli. The result is a citrusy opening with a floral undertone that’s supported by a base of patchouli for a masculine woodsy fragrance that lingers on after the fruity opening begins to fade away.”
2. Dolce and Gabbana Cologne – Everyone knows about the Dolce and Gabbana brand and evidently many men wear this scent for it to rank so high. Yes—this cologne smells good—but it’s my opinion too many guys wear it. “With its combination of lavender, orange, lemon, cedar, tobacco and sage aromas, Dolce & Gabbana gives you a masculine scent that is perfect for your next outing with friends or dinner with that special someone.”
1. Tom Ford Cologne – I need to buy stock in Tom Ford’s company because his cologne absolutely crushed it. So many of my Tinder matches told me this is their favorite men’s cologne: different types of women prefer it—from bombshells and successful career women to the classic ‘girl next door’.
I purchased a bottle of Tom Ford Extreme Cologne and because of it, I have already enjoyed some extra attention from the ladies.
I was shopping at a nearby mall and a 21-year old chick working at one store asked me what cologne I was wearing. Conversation ensued.
The next night she came over to watch a movie and she admitted my scent turned her on the day prior.
“This fragrance features notes of black Italian figs and black truffles that get a boost of freshness from lemon, and the rich base note of patchouli makes the scent even more intriguing.”
I hope you enjoyed reading my article. Feel free to comment below or e-mail me. Thanks, guys!